Thursday, March 14, 2019

There Are No Words

Okay guys. What a week.

Several strange things have happened in 2nd Grade this week, but i'm going to keep this short.

It's like the Springpocalypse in Wisconsin. Everything is melting and apparently it's been too much for the roof of my school. When I arrived on Wednesday morning, it was to a giant puddle of a classroom. So... after a bit of drama and running around the school, my students and I have been gypsying around from classroom to classroom, pretending like we are on an adventure. Correction: my students actually feel like they are on an adventure. I am pretending.

So, naturally i'm like kind of stressed out. Thank goodness there was a staff lunch this week. I'm REALLY trying to eat healthy (because, wedding) so I enjoyed my deli chicken lettuce wrap and grabbed a few homemade cookies to bring home for Derick.  I put these cookies on a paper plate on my desk and waited for my students to come back from lunch, so we could go spend our afternoon in the library. About ten minutes after getting to the library, I realized I forgot my read aloud book, so I ran back to the classroom to get it. Harry Potter was sitting right there on my desk waiting for me... along with my HALF EATEN chocolate chip cookie.

This is not a drill. Someone had taken a giant bite out of my cookie and put it back on the plate.  These are the things you cannot make up.

So far... the cookie eating bandit remains at large.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Perfect Day - Community Building

Today was indoor field day at our elementary school. To be honest, I'm ready for Spring Break... and was a little nervous some of my stu...